Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Translation Bureau for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Translation Bureau. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Translation Bureau, Public Works and Government Services Canada be identified as the source organization; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of Public Works and Government Services Canada.
Reproduction of Government Symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the "Canada" wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R5
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission-granting process, PWGSC helps to ensure that individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please go to PWGSC's "Applying for Copyright Clearance on Government of Canada Works" page or contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Some of the information in this Web site has been provided by external sources. The Translation Bureau is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information provided by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information.
Public Works and Government Services Canada Web sites contains links to third party sites. PWGSC provides these links only as a service and convenience to our visitors. We take no responsibility for the content at third party sites and a link to them in no way implies an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services or information found there.
Public Works and Government Services Canada makes every effort to ensure that our links to third party Web sites lead to content that is accessible and available in both official languages. However, that is not always feasible or possible.
Public Works and Government Services Canada reserves the right to regularly review and re-evaluate any and all links and reserves the right to terminate any link without prior notification.
Requests for hosting links to third party sites should be directed to Bureaudelatraduction.TranslationBureau@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
The Translation Bureau respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Government of Canada Privacy Statement
- Our web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site. We remind you that neither electronic systems nor e-mail are secure information transmission methods, and that it is not recommended that sensitive personal information be transmitted electronically.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Public Works and Government Services Canada employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected with their Web sites. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- Public Works and Government Services does not regularly use 'cookies' to track how visitors use the Web sites of individual institutions. Whenever we enable 'cookies' to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. (A cookie is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of that site.)
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except PWGSC personnel who need the information, e.g., to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another government department ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- PWGSC is a participant in the GoC Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you an opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Public Works and Government Services Canada may be directed to by e-mail to the Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet.
- Date modified: