We are currently moving our web information to Canada.ca, GCintranet and GCpedia (internal government network).
The Translation Bureau's web pages will remain available until this move is complete.
Accreditation exam for interpreters in Spanish, English and French
From April 18-21 & 24-28, 2017, the Government of Canada's Translation Bureau will hold an accreditation exam for interpreters in Spanish, English and French. The exam will be held in Ottawa.
The exam is open to residents of Canada who meet the eligibility criteria.
Interested candidates are asked to send an email with the subject heading "Spanish exam 2017" to BTInterpretation.TBInterpretation@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca. The email must include the following:
- A CV demonstrating that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Please identify Spanish, English and French as your A, B or C language:
- A: The interpreter's native language (or another language strictly equivalent to a native language), into which they work from their other languages.
- B: A language other than the interpreter's native language, in which they are perfectly fluent and into which they work from their A language.
- C: A language which the interpreter understands perfectly but into which they do not work. They only interpret from this language.
- The interpretation exams you wish to sit:
- Simultaneous interpretation (C>A):
- French and/or English into Spanish
- Spanish into French and/or English
- Consecutive interpretation (A<>B):
- French-Spanish (exam is for both languages)
- English-Spanish (exam is for both languages)
- Simultaneous interpretation (C>A):
Deadline for applications is March 13, 2017.
Are you providing linguistic services?
The Translation Bureau would like to thank all its suppliers. Your support allows us to provide high-quality services to the Government of Canada. Although it is the largest employer of translators, interpreters and terminologists in Canada, the Translation Bureau sometimes requires linguistic services suppliers (firms or self-employed individuals). Should you wish to offer your services there are two ways of proceeding, depending on the types of linguistic services you offer:
Terminology services, translation services in aboriginal and foreign languages, and interpretation services in official languages, aboriginal language, foreign language and visual
You must register in our Translation Bureau Suppliers Directory of Linguistic Services
Notice to suppliers located outside Canada: Please read The Bulletin (Volume 17, No. 2, August 2013).
Official languages translation services, transcription and desktop publishing services
Twice a year, the Translation Bureau, in cooperation with the Acquisitions Branch, will launch a Request for Supply Arrangements (RFSA) process which will issue Supply Arrangements (SA) for qualified suppliers to fulfill requirements in two service categories: official languages translation and transcription and desktop publishing. Visit the Translation Services page on the Buyandsell.gc.ca site for additional information. Please register for the RSS feed service to automatically receive the latest news.The registration process for official language translation and Word processing is now administrated by the Acquisitions Branch. For registration information, please write to AMARepertoireBureau.SADirectoryBureau@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
To keep abreast of developments at the Bureau, consult our Suppliers Bulletin. We encourage you to subscribe to the Suppliers Info and The Bulletin RSS feed or to the E-mail Notification so that you can be notified as soon as a new bulletin is released.
If you are interested in employment with the Bureau, please visit our Career Info section.
Making a change to registered supplier information
If you are already registered in our Directory and would like to make changes to your file, or if you have any questions, please contact our Procurement Centre by calling the toll-free number, 1-855-997-3300 (Canada and United States), or 819-997-3300, or at BTRepertoire.TBDirectory@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: