We are currently moving our web information to Canada.ca, GCintranet and GCpedia (internal government network).
The Translation Bureau's web pages will remain available until this move is complete.
Translation for Government of Canada departments and agencies
Client Satisfaction and Feedback
How can we help you?
- Translation services
- Personalized services
- Writing, revision and editorial services
- Terminology services
- Interpretation services
- Administrative fees
- After-hours emergency service
Making remote interpretation a reality
The Translation Bureau provides more than 7,000 interpreter days at over 2,000 events per year in Canada's official languages and more than 2,500 days at over 300 events in foreign languages. Traditionally, interpreters travelled to the event and worked out of a booth in the event room.
Recently, the Bureau engaged government clients in its remote interpretation pilots. Remote interpretation is a high quality, turnkey distance interpretation service that is Internet-based and therefore not dependent on onsite accommodations. Interpreters manage service delivery using online software and other technologies.
- Available anywhere, anytime
- Increases availability of potential interpreters, regardless of location
- Encourages bilingualism and adherence to official languages requirements
- Reduces travel costs for interpreters
- Eliminates costs for rental and installation of interpretation booths
- Mobile solution
- Increases reach for regional and international (multilingual) offices
- Offers digital access to visual interpretation and other accommodation requirements
Pilots to date
- CETA (Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement) Conference (Portugal)
- National Managers' Community (NMC) Forum
- Official Languages Champion Conference
- Interdepartmental Working Group on Persons with Disabilities and Official Languages
- 400th Anniversary of French Presence in Ontario
- Blueprint 2020 National Secretariat demonstration
From pilot to service
We're at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Do you have an urgent need for quality translation or linguistic services outside regular office hours, on weekends or on statutory holidays?
Contact our After-Hours Emergency Service for more details. We can help.
Why should you choose the Translation Bureau?
We offer you…
- A Canadian-wide network of top language experts—we have a language expert who can help you and offer high quality services, regardless of your needs. For example, do you need help in any of these specialized areas?
- Economics and Law
- Environment and Biology
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering
- Medicine and Technology
- Human Sciences
- One of the largest term banks—with more than four million terms—in the world.
- Created and maintained by our team of professional terminologists, TERMIUM Plus® is a vast corporate memory that, when you have your documents translated by us, serves to help standardize terminology across the Government of Canada.
- Professional-quality texts and an unrivalled 100% quality guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with our texts, we will keep working until you are, at no further cost to you.
We provide you with round-the-clock service and an unrivalled 100% quality guarantee!
For more information and for all your linguistic needs, please contact our Contact Centre by calling the toll-free number, 1-855-997-3300 (Canada and United States), or 819-997-3300, or by sending an email to Bureaudelatraduction.TranslationBureau@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: