We are currently moving our web information to Canada.ca, GCintranet and GCpedia (internal government network).
The Translation Bureau's web pages will remain available until this move is complete.
We offer a range of quality terminology services, products and advice.
Terminology standardization [Read more]
Standardizing and disseminating the terminology used in the federal government in both official languages.
Development of customized glossaries [Read more]
Preparing and updating specialized glossaries that meet the specific needs of a client (electronic format).
Participation in the work of terminology committees [Read more]
Participating, at a client's request, in the work of terminology committees not related to the Bureau's standardization mandate and involving only one department or agency.
Other terminology projects [Read more]
Taking part in projects such as:
- storing, managing and disseminating a client's terminology data;
- managing a client's terminology;
- loading records into a terminology data bank;
- reviewing glossaries produced by clients;
- developing metadata;
- expanding specialized dictionaries.
Free services and tools
We also produce other products and tools that improve the quality of communication in both official languages:
- the Language Portal of Canada and its parallel French-language site, the Portail linguistique du Canada: the Translation Bureau manages this national website, which showcases Canadian language expertise. Through this site, you have access to:
- our flagship product, TERMIUM Plus®, one of the biggest terminology data banks in the world, and the standardization tool par excellence in the federal government;
- the mobile linguistic application ourlanguages.gc.ca on the go!
- numerous writing tools;
- a collection of links to language-related works and sites;
- and much more!
- Linguistic recommendations and reminders;
- Bilingual and multilingual glossaries and vocabularies (most are provided at no charge.).
If you have any questions about these services and tools, feel free to contact us.
Should you require terminology or linguistic advice, contact our Terminology Service (SVP Service) at Bureaudelatraduction.TranslationBureau@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
Note: Please read our Privacy Notice Statement.
The Internet is a public forum and electronic information can be intercepted. This is not a secure Web site. Please do not disclose unnecessary confidential information about yourself or your accounts with Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC).
Client Satisfaction and Feedback
- Date modified: